Augusta Car Accident Lawyer
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Schedule Your Free Consultation With a Top Augusta Car Accident Attorney
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Augusta car accident lawyers are skilled, results-focused, and trial-tested advocates for injured victims. You do not have to take on the big insurance companies alone. Our firm is devoted to helping car crash victims secure the maximum financial support. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash, we are here to help. Contact us at our Augusta law office today for your free consultation with a top-rated Georgia car accident attorney.
What to Do After a Car Crash in Augusta, GA
A car crash can be a traumatizing, stressful experience for any person involved. The aftermath of a serious wreck can be incredibly challenging to unwind. It is crucial that you know what to do. Here are four vital steps to take after a serious motor vehicle collision in Augusta:
- Report the Accident: Stop your vehicle and immediately call the police to report the accident. A police report is key form of evidence in a car injury claim.
- Get Medical Treatment: All auto accident injuries should be evaluated by a doctor. Be sure to get the proper medical care right away after a major collision.
- Document the Crash: Gather as much information as possible at the accident scene. Take photos of the vehicles and the crash scene. Be sure to gather the names of eyewitnesses.
- Consult With a Lawyer: Insurance adjusters are not on your side after a serious crash. Protect yourself by consulting with an experienced Augusta, GA car accident lawyer.
Georgia is an At-Fault, Comparative Negligence State
Georgia is an “at-fault” state for motor vehicle accident claims. With this type of system, the party who is deemed legally responsible for a crash can be held liable for the full extent of the resulting damages. It is imperative that all crashes in Augusta are thoroughly investigated. You need to know exactly what happened. Notably, Georgia follows the modified comparative negligence rule (O.C.G.A. § 51-11-7). An injured victim can still recover damages even if they are partially at fault for the accident—at least they can as long as their fault does not exceed 49 percent. However, any person held partially liable for their own crash will have their recovery reduced by their degree of fault.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Car Accident Claim in Georgia?
There are strict deadlines to bring a car accident injury claim in Georgia. Under state law (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33), the statute of limitations for filing a car accident injury lawsuit is generally two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to initiate your legal claim in a timely manner, you may not be able to recover compensation at all. Do not fall behind the insurance company in the legal claims process: Consult with an experienced Augusta, GA car accident lawyer right away after a crash.
We Fight to Help Injured Car Crash Victims in Augusta Secure the Maximum Compensation
In Georgia, injured victims have the right to pursue compensation for economic damages and non-economic losses through a civil claim. Even when liability is unquestioned, insurance companies still fight hard to limit their payouts. Our firm fights tirelessly to help clients secure the maximum settlement or verdict. Along with other types of damages, our Augusta, GA auto accident attorneys can help you recover financial compensation for:
- Property damage, including vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance costs and emergency room care;
- Medical expenses and other health care costs;
- Physical and mental rehabilitation;
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering & mental anguish;
- Long-term disability and physical disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
How Our Augusta Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Navigating the aftermath of a car wreck is never easy. You likely have many questions. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are devoted to guiding our clients through every step of the claims process. Our core principle is that injured victims deserve top tier representation. When you contact our Augusta office, you will connect with a Georgia car accident attorney who can:
- Listen to what you have to say and answer your legal questions;
- Investigate your car crash—gathering relevant evidence/information;
- Handle any settlement negotiations with the insurance company; and
- Take aggressive action to help you secure the maximum compensation.
Contact Our Augusta, GA Auto Accident Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Augusta car crash lawyer is an experienced, aggressive advocate for injured victims. Were you hurt in a motor vehicle collision? We are here to protect your rights. Call us now or contact us online for a free consultation. From our office in Augusta, we represent motor vehicle accident victims throughout the region.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."