Lindsay is a repeat featured speaker and panelist at numerous events. Additionally, Lindsay is one of the chairs for Georgia’s Medical Malpractice Institute, one of the state’s premiere continuing legal education seminar and conferences in the field of medical malpractice.
AWARDS / ASSOCIATIONS
Available at all times of the day, Very patient when explaining and reviewing the Process. Lindsay and Beth was wonderful to work with. They both was very responsive to my emails and assisted me throughout the process. Lindsay was very clear and concise and explained everything to me thoroughly. She is very detail oriented and I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone I know. Thanks Lindsay!
Lindsay specializes in taking
- medical malpractice
- catastrophic damages
- wrongful death
- Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia
- University of Georgia School of Law
Prior to representing individuals and their families injured or killed by the negligence of others, Lindsay spent multiple years representing defendants in medical negligence and wrongful death cases. Lindsay left Weathington, LLC in 2019 as a partner. In that role, Lindsay represented countless corporate and individual defendants, giving her intimate knowledge into the way these cases are defended, how these cases are handled by the risk management teams, and, importantly, how they are evaluated by the insurance carriers.
Now, on the other side, Lindsay specializes in taking complex medical malpractice cases of catastrophic damages, often wrongful death.
Lindsay graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia in 2003 with a degree in Journalism, specializing in broadcast journalism. She was proud to anchor Georgia Gameday, an award-winning collegiate television show. Following her undergraduate education, Lindsay attended law school at University of Georgia School of Law, where she graduated in 2008. Lindsay was chairperson of the Mock Trial Team and selected to the Lumpkin Inn of Court. Lindsay’s proudest law school accomplishment was being selected for the Willis J. “Dick” Richardson Jr. Student Award for Outstanding Trial Advocacy.
From 2012-2016, Lindsay proudly served her hometown as an elected official on the Avondale Estates Board of Mayor and Commissioners. She also served as president of the DeKalb County Municipal Association in 2013.
- City of Avondale Estates, Elected Representative (2012-2015)
- Dekalb Municipal Association, President (2013)
- Emory University Kessler-Eidson Program for Trial Techniques, Instructor (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers Leadership Academy, Speaker/Panelist
- Resurgens Orthopaedics: Back to Basics Conference, Speaker (2017), Bone Connections (2018)
- ICLE, State Bar of Georgia, Medical Malpractice Liability Institute, Co-Chair (2017, 2018, 2023); Solo Chair and Featured Speaker (2019)
- GCEP’s Georgia Emergency Medicine Leadership & Advocacy Conference, Featured Speaker (2017)
- National High School Mock Trial Competition, volunteer judge (2017)
- ICLE Conference: Fundamentals of Health Care Law, Featured Speaker (2019)
- Georgia Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Winter Meeting and Annual Conference, Featured Speaker (2019)
- Georgia Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, Annual Conference, Featured Speaker (2019)
- ICLE’s Medical Malpractice Bootcamp, Featured Speaker (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Taking and Defending 30(b)(6) Depositions, National Webinar, Featured Speaker (2019)
- The Daily Report, Featured Guest Columnist or Interviewee 2018, 2019, 2022 (topics of associate success, 30(b)(6) depositions, and a return to jury trials post-Covid)
- GTLA Annual Conference, Featured Speaker, Peer Review and the Anticipation of Litigation Privilege (2021)
- GTLA LEAD Alumni Conference, Featured Speaker (2021)
- GTLA Auto Torts Seminar, Featured Speaker, Why a 2.8 Million Dollar Verdict Matters to Auto Torts Lawyers (2022)
- Repeat Verdict Co-Author with Xavier O. Carter (topics of: Peer Review and Anticipation of Litigation Privilege; Attorney’s Fees and Punitive Damages Phases of Trial)
- GTLA Elder Law Seminar, Featured Speaker, Attorney’s Fees, 2022
- ICLE’s Jury Trial Seminar, Featured Speaker, Attorney’s Fees and Punitive Damages, 2023