Augusta Product Liability Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Schedule Your Free Consultation With a Top Augusta, GA Defective Product Attorney
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Augusta product liability lawyers have the professional expertise that you can rely on. It is our core principle that all injured victims deserve top-tier, fully personalized legal representation. We hold manufacturers and other corporations accountable for dangerous and defective products. If you or your loved one suffered harm, we are here to help you navigate the legal claims process. Contact us at our Augusta law office today to set up your free, no obligation consultation with an experienced Georgia product liability lawyer.
Product liability claims are complicated. If you or your loved one was harmed by a dangerous and defective product, you need an attorney who has what it takes to hold the responsible manufacturer or any other responsible corporation legally liable. With an office in Augusta, we are well-positioned to take on product liability cases throughout the entire region. We strive for justice across the full spectrum of product liability claims. Along with other types of case, our Augusta defective product attorneys have experience with:
- Dangerous and defective drugs;
- Dangerous medical devices;
- Defective vehicles and auto parts;
- Electronic cigarettes; and
- Dangerous and defective toys.
An Overview of Georgia’s Product Liability Laws
Product liability cases are largely governed by state law. If you were harmed by a dangerous and defective product in Augusta, it is crucial that you have a general understanding of Georgia law. Under GA Code § 51-1-11, can be held legally responsible for injuries caused by a defective product. Here are key provisions of Georgia’s product liability law that you should know:
- Georgia is a Strict Liability State: While some product liability claims are based on negligence, it is not a requirement in Georgia. A manufacturer may be held strictly liable for injuries caused by a defective product.
- Several Types of Defect Product Claims: Product liability claims take several forms, including design defects, manufacturing defects, and failure to warn. All allegations of dangerous and defective products should be thoroughly investigated.
- Two Year Statute of Limitations: You have limited time to initiate a claim. There is a two year statute of limitations for defective product cases in Georgia. Be proactive: Injured victims should consult with an Augusta product liability lawyer as soon as possible.
- Ten Year Statute of Repose: Some product liability cases in Georgia are subject to a statute of response. If a product was sold more than ten years ago, a product liability claim may not be viable. Notably, the statute of response does not apply to failure to warn cases.
We Help Injured Victims Secure the Maximum Financial Compensation
A defective product can cause serious injuries. Through a product liability claim in Georgia, injured victims have the right to seek compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Unfortunately, even when you can prove liability, corporations and their insurers still fight hard to limit the value of your case. Our Augusta, GA product liability lawyers are standing by, ready to help you pursue compensation for every dollar you deserve. Damages may include:
- Property loss;
- Emergency medical care;
- Medical bills;
- Rehabilitative care;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability;
- Physical scarring; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Augusta Defective Product Lawyers Can Help
Were you injured by a dangerous and defective product? It is imperative that you know how to seek justice and the maximum compensation. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are serious trial lawyers who get serious results for victims and families. Do not rely on big corporations or their insurance companies to look out for your best interests. When you contact our Augusta law office, you will have a chance to work with a Georgia product liability attorney who can:
- Listen to your story and answer questions about product liability laws in Georgia;
- Investigate your case—gathering all of the evidence needed to prove liability;
- Handle all correspondence and negotiations with corporations/insurance companies; and
- Take proactive steps to help you secure justice and the maximum financial compensation.
Contact Our Augusta Product Liability Attorneys Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Augusta product liability attorneys are skilled, knowledgeable, and results-focused advocates for injured victims. If you or your loved one was harmed by a dangerous or defective product, we are here to help. Contact us today for your free case review. Our firm handles product liability cases in Augusta and throughout East-Central Georgia.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."