Augusta Wrongful Death Cases Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Top Augusta Wrongful Death Lawyer
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Augusta wrongful death lawyer is a compassionate, reliable, and experienced advocate for grieving families. If your family member was killed due to negligence, we can help. To set up a free consultation with an experienced Georgia wrongful death attorney, please do not hesitate to contact us at our Augusta law office today.
Our Firm Takes On All Wrongful Death Claims in Augusta, GA
Did you lose a loved one in a fatal accident? It is gut wrenching and emotionally devastating. It can be extremely difficult to put the pieces back in place. While no legal claim could ever truly be enough to make things right, it is imperative that grieving families have an avenue to justice, true accountability, and financial support. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we have deep experience navigating wrongful death laws in Georgia. Our firm handles the full range of fatal accident claims in Augusta, including:
- Car crashes;
- Commercial truck accidents;
- Motorcycle wrecks;
- Pedestrian collisions;
- Defective products;
- Fatal workplace accidents;
- Medical malpractice; and
- Nursing home abuse or neglect.
What You Should Know About Wrongful Death Liability
Wrongful death cases fall under state law. If your loved one was killed due to negligence in Augusta, it is imperative that you familiarize yourself with Georgia’s wrongful death laws. Here are two key things that grieving families should understand about wrongful death liability in Augusta:
- Fault Determines Liability: To establish legal accountability for a wrongful death, a claimant must demonstrate that the opposing party was “at fault” for the tragic accident. What constitutes “fault” depends on the specific situation. For example, a wrongful death claim after a fatal car crash is different from a wrongful death claim for medical malpractice. Every fatal accident in Savannah should be thoroughly investigated by a lawyer.
- Who Can File a Claim: Not every person who is close to the victim has the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. In Georgia, the deceased’s spouse has the right to initiate a wrongful death claim. Should there be no spouse, the children step in. If neither are present, the responsibility falls to the parents or the executor of the estate. If you have any questions about who should file a claim, an experienced Savannah wrongful death lawyer can help.
The Statute of Limitations for a Wrongful Death Case in Augusta
The statute of limitations for a wrongful death lawsuit in Georgia is generally two years from the date of a fatal accident (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33). As only limited exceptions apply, it is crucial that grieving families initiate their claim in a timely manner. Do not wait to get started with a wrongful death case. Contact an Augusta wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible after a fatal accident.
Compensation Recoverable in a Wrongful Death Claim in Georgia
No amount of compensation could ever truly be enough to make things right after a deadly accident. Still, families in Augusta need justice and financial support. Our firm advocates tirelessly for grieving families—helping our clients secure the absolute maximum recovery through their wrongful death claim. Compensation may be available for:
- Out-of-pocket medical bills;
- Funeral and burial expenses;
- Loss of financial support;
- Loss of loss;
- Loss of companionship;
- Loss of parental guidance; and
- Loss of consortium.
Why Rely On Our Georgia Wrongful Death Lawyers
The loss of a close loved one to a fatal accident is heartbreaking. Putting the pieces back together is incredibly challenging. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are here to take care of all of your legal needs while you focus on your family. When you contact our Augusta law office, you will have a chance to work with a Georgia wrongful death attorney who can:
- Listen to your story and answer questions about wrongful death cases;
- Investigate the fatal accident—gathering the evidence you need to get justice;
- Handle wrongful death claims paperwork and represent you in settlement; and
- Develop a comprehensive, personalized claims strategy focused on results.
Contact Our Augusta Wrongful Death Claims Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Augusta wrongful death lawyers have the professional knowledge and legal experience that you can trust. If you lost a loved one to a fatal accident, we are here to help. Give us a call or contact us online for your free, no obligation consultation. With an office in Augusta, we handle wrongful death cases throughout the region.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."