Decatur Car Accidents Lawyer
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Schedule a Free Case Review With a Top-Tier Decatur Auto Accident Attorney
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Decatur car accident lawyers provide aggressive and experienced advocacy for victims and families. It is our mission to help clients obtain the absolute maximum financial compensation. Were you or a family member hurt in a serious motor vehicle crash in DeKalb County? We are here to protect your rights. Contact our personal injury law firm today for a free consultation with a reliable Decatur car accident attorney.
What to Do After an Automobile Accident in Decatur, Georgia
The Georgia Department of Public Health reports that motor vehicle collisions are a leading cause of accident injuries in our state. Car crashes impact every community in Northeast Georgia. Decatur is certainly not an exception. The immediate aftermath of a crash can be incredibly stressful and confusing. By knowing what to do, you will be in a far better position to put the pieces back together.
Following an automobile collision in Decatur, you should be prepared to:
- Stop Your Car and Report the Crash to State or Local Police: First and foremost, halt your vehicle, ensuring not to obstruct traffic any more than necessary. It is your duty to report the crash to state or local police, such as the City of Decatur Police Department.
- Get Prompt Medical Attention for Any Injuries: Adrenaline can often mask pain and discomfort which may later develop into serious medical issues. Prompt medical care is not only essential for your health but also to document your injuries.
- Document Your Motor Vehicle Crash: Documenting your motor vehicle crash is an essential step. Take photographs of the scene, your vehicle, and any injuries sustained. Gather names and contact information of witnesses and retain other physical evidence.
- Consult With a Decatur Lawyer Before an Insurance Company: Before you give an official recorded statement to any insurance adjuster, be sure to consult with a top-tier Decatur car crash lawyer. Your attorney will protect your rights.
Your Guide to Car Accident Liability in Decatur, GA
Motor Vehicle Accident Liability is Based on Fault
Georgia is a fault-based motor vehicle accident state. To hold another party legally responsible for your crash, you must prove that their negligence contributed to the collision.
Georgia is a Comparative Negligence Jurisdiction
Georgia is a “modified comparative negligence” state (O.C.G.A. § 51-11-7). You can still recover compensation if you are partially at fault for a crash—as long as it is not 50 percent or more.
A Two-Year Statute of Limitations on Car Accident Injury Claims
Georgia sets a two-year statute of limitations for most personal injury cases, including car crashes. What happens if you wait too long to file a claim? You may lose your right to seek compensation at all. A proactive approach is a must: Consult with an experienced Decatur auto accident attorney as soon as possible after a serious crash.
Car Accident Victims in Decatur Deserve Full and Fair Compensation
A car wreck can change your life. Following a bad crash in DeKalb County, it is crucial that you are able to get the compensation that you need to pay bills and support your loved ones. You cannot trust an insurance company to do what is right for your and your family. Our Decatur car accident lawyers put the needs and interests of injured victims first: It is our mission to help clients secure the maximum settlement or trial verdict, including for:
- Property losses, including vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance costs and emergency room care;
- Hospital bills, medical expenses, and long-term health care costs;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering and mental distress;
- Disability, disfigurement, and other non-economic damages; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
How Our Decatur Car Crash Attorney Can Help
Hurt in a serious car wreck in Decatur? You cannot trust an insurance company—even your own provider—to look out for your best interests. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are a personal injury law firm that puts the rights and interests of victims and families first. A proactive approach is a must in motor vehicle accident injury claims. When you contact our personal injury team, you will have a chance to work with a Decatur auto accident attorney who can:
- Conduct a free, confidential review of your case;
- Answer legal questions about the car accident claims process;
- Investigate your crash—gathering evidence of liability and fault; and
- Take aggressive action to help you secure the absolute best outcome.
Contact Our Decatur Car Accident Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Decatur car accident attorney puts the rights and interests of injured victims first. Hurt in a serious crash? Contact our personal injury team today for your free case evaluation. Our firm handles auto accident claims in Decatur, DeKalb County, and all across Northeast Georgia.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."