Lawrenceville Car Accident Lawyer
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Hurt in a Car Crash in Lawrenceville? Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Lawrenceville car accident lawyers are aggressive, experienced, and justice-forward advocates for injured victims. You do not have to take on a big insurance company alone. Our firm knows how to get results when it matters most. If you or your loved one was hurt in a motor vehicle crash in Gwinnett County, we are here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation with a top-tier Lawrenceville car accident attorney.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Lawrenceville, Georgia
Hurt in an automobile crash in Gwinnett County? It is crucial that you know your rights and your options. Dealing with the aftermath of a serious wreck is never easy. Too many people make mistakes that can undermine their legal claim. Here are four things that you should always do following a motor vehicle crash in Lawrenceville:
- Stop Your Vehicle, Exchange Information: Georgia law requires all motorists involved in collisions to stop their vehicle and exchange information. Report the crash to the Lawrenceville Police Department or another law enforcement agency right away.
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: All motor vehicle crash injuries in Georgia require prompt medical care. What happens if you fail to see a doctor? You will not be eligible to bring a personal injury claim in Georgia.
- Document Your Automobile Accident: Automobile accidents should be thoroughly documented. Collect as much evidence as possible, including photographs, witness contact information, and other key details.
- Consult With a Lawrenceville Attorney: Insurance companies are not on your side. Before you provide a recorded statement to an insurer, you should always set up a free, confidential consultation with a top-rated Lawrenceville auto accident lawyer.
Understanding Auto Accident Liability
Who is liable for a motor vehicle crash? The answer matters because Georgia operates under the “at-fault” system. The driver, truck company, vehicle manufacturer, or any other party who caused an accident through negligence (carelessness or recklessness) can be held responsible for the damages.
Georgia follows a “modified comparative fault” rule (O.C.G.A. § 51-11-7). If you are found partially at fault, your compensation may be reduced proportionally. For example, imagine that you sustained $20,000 in damages in a crash in Lawrenceville. If you are found responsible for 20 percent of the crash, you would be liable for 20 percent of your own damages, or $4,000.
A Two-Year Statute of Limitations for Car Crash Injury Claims
There is a limited deadline to bring a car accident injury lawsuit in Georgia. Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, these claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. What happens if you fail to initiate a claim in a timely manner? You may not be eligible to recover compensation. Do not wait to get started with the claims process. Call a Lawrenceville, GA car accident attorney as soon as possible.
We Help Injured Victims in Lawrenceville Secure the Maximum Compensation
How much compensation can you recover in a car accident claim in Gwinnett County? The answer depends on several factors, including the extent of your damages. Insurance companies fight to try to force injured victims to resolve cases for less. Our Lawrenceville, GA auto accident lawyers fight hard to help our clients maximize their compensation, including for:
- Vehicle repairs;
- Emergency room care;
- Hospital bills;
- Other medical expenses;
- Loss of wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death damages.
Why Work With Our Lawrenceville, GA Auto Accident Attorneys
A motor vehicle crash can change your entire life in an instant. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are committed to ensuring that injured victims are able to secure justice and full financial compensation for their damages. We are on your side—not the side of the large insurance companies. Among other things, our Lawrenceville car crash attorneys are ready to:
- Hear what you have to say and answer your personal injury questions;
- Thoroughly investigate your crash, gathering and assembling relevant evidence;
- Take care of the legal paperwork and any settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Develop a comprehensive strategy driven to help you maximize your financial recovery.
Contact Our Lawrenceville Car Accident Lawyer Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Lawrenceville auto accident attorneys are skilled, experienced advocates for injured victims. Hurt in any type of motor vehicle wreck? You need a top attorney on your side. Get in touch with us by phone or connect with us online for your free, no strings attached initial consultation. We fight for the rights of car crash victims in Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County, and throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."