Lawrenceville Medical Malpractice Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Top-Tier Lawrenceville Medical Malpractice Lawyer
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Lawrenceville car accident lawyers are aggressive, experienced, and justice-forward advocates for injured victims. You do not have to take on a big insurance company alone. Our firm knows how to get results when it matters most. If you or your loved one was hurt in a motor vehicle crash in Gwinnett County, we are here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation with a top-tier Lawrenceville car accident attorney.
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter &, PC, our Lawrenceville medical malpractice lawyers have the specialized legal knowledge and professional expertise that patients can trust. If you or your loved one suffered harm due to a negligent doctor or negligent health care provider in Georgia, we are here as a legal resource. Call us now or connect with us online for a free consultation with an experienced Lawrenceville medical malpractice attorney.
What is Medical Malpractice?
There are plenty of myths and misconceptions about what does (and does not) constitute medical malpractice. Broadly explained, medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional or a healthcare provider deviates from the standard of care in their field and, as a consequence, causes harm to a patient. To be clear, an adverse outcome for a patient is not always medical malpractice. Instead, proving medical malpractice in Georgia requires showing that the defendant’s professional negligence was the cause of harm.
Types of Medical Malpractice in Georgia
Medical malpractice is not just one thing. Quite the contrary, medical negligence can come in a wide variety of different forms. Some notable examples of medical malpractice in Georgia include:
- Doctor Misdiagnosis: Doctor misdiagnosis occurs when a physician inaccurately identifies a patient’s condition—thereby leading to incorrect or delayed treatment.
- Delayed Diagnosis: Delayed diagnosis is another major issue. It happens when a healthcare provider fails to diagnose a condition in a timely manner.
- Surgical Errors: Surgical errors are preventable mistakes made during operations. Examples include operating on the wrong site or leaving instruments inside the patient.
- Prescription Drug Mistakes: Drug errors are mistakes in prescribing or administering medication, such as the incorrect dosage or the wrong medication.
- Anesthesia Errors: These errors are potentially life-threatening mistakes made with anesthesia, including improper dosing or failing to monitor the patient.
- Birth Injuries: Birth injuries cause harm to a baby or mother during childbirth. Most often they are due to negligence in prenatal care, delivery room decisions, or postnatal care.
Understanding Medical Malpractice Laws in Georgia
Medical malpractice cases arise at the state level. If you or your loved one was a victim of medical negligence in Lawrenceville or elsewhere in Gwinnett County, it is useful that you have a strong understanding of Georgia malpractice laws. Here are key things to know:
- The Standard of Care: In Georgia, medical professionals are expected to exercise a degree of skill and care that, under similar conditions, is ordinarily employed by the medical profession generally.
- The Statute of Limitations: Generally, malpractice lawsuits must be filed within two years of the injury or death. However, if the harm was not immediately discoverable, the patient may have five years from the date of the incident to file a claim
- The Expert Affidavit: Georgia law requires the plaintiff to file an affidavit along with the lawsuit, wherein a qualified expert swears that, in their opinion, a breach of the standard of care occurred.
We Fight Hard to Help Medical Malpractice Victims Maximize their Compensation
Medical negligence can cause serious, even life-altering injuries, illnesses, or other complications to the patient. It is imperative that medical malpractice victims are able to secure the full and fair financial compensation that they need to pay bills and support themselves. Unfortunately, medical malpractice claims are typically defended by large, aggressive insurance companies that fight hard to resolve cases for less. Our Lawrenceville, GA medical malpractice lawyers go above and beyond to help our clients maximize their recovery. Along with other types of losses, medical malpractice victims in Georgia may be able to recover for:
- Emergency room care;
- Hospital bills;
- Other medical costs;
- Physical therapy;
- Mental health support;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental distress;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Lawrenceville Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help
Medical malpractice cases are challenging. Medical professionals and medical providers are represented by large insurance companies that are focused on limiting payouts. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we have what it takes to get patients and families justice and the proper financial compensation. More specifically, our Lawrenceville medical malpractice lawyer is ready to:
- Hear what you have to say and answer your legal questions;
- Investigate your medical malpractice claim, gathering relevant evidence;
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Take aggressive action focused on getting you results that count.
Contact Our Lawrenceville, GA Medical Negligence Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Lawrenceville medical malpractice lawyer is standing by, ready to protect your rights and your interests. Hurt due to medical negligence? We are more than ready to help. Contact our law firm now for your free case review. We handle medical malpractice claims in Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County, and communities beyond.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."