Macon Car Accidents Lawyer
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
We Fight for the Rights of Car Accident Victims in Macon and Throughout Central Georgia
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon auto accident lawyers fight tirelessly to help injured victims get justice. For more than 25 years, our firm has put the needs and interests of our clients first. We know how to hold insurance companies accountable for paying claims. You deserve the maximum financial compensation after an accident. Hurt in a crash? Contact us today to set up your free, no commitment consultation with a top Macon car accident attorney.
What to Do After a Car Crash in Macon, Georgia?
Were you hurt in a motor vehicle crash in Macon? It is crucial that you know what to do to protect your health, your safety, and your legal rights. Here are four things to do following a crash:
- Stop Your Vehicle and Report the Wreck: Stop your vehicle, remain at the scene, and exchange information. Georgia law requires it. You should also report your collision to the police, such as the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office.
- Get Prompt Medical Attention for Any Injuries: All auto accident injuries should be assessed by a physician. Do not delay in getting medical care. Emergencies take priority. You cannot bring a personal injury claim in Macon without supporting medical documentation.
- Document the Car Accident: Gather as much information as possible from the accident scene. Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver. Take photographs of the vehicles, any damage, and the surrounding area. If there are any witnesses, take down their contact details as well.
- Consult WIth a Macon Car Accident Lawyer: Before you give a recorded statement to an insurance company, be sure to consult with an experienced Macon auto accident attorney. Insurers are not on your side. A top Macon auto accident attorney will protect your rights.
Understanding Liability: Car Accidents in Georgia
In Georgia, the at-fault standard is applied to determine liability in car accidents. The party who is found to be at fault for causing the accident is held financially responsible for all resulting damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. Fault is based on negligence. Some common examples of negligence include speeding, distracted driving, and intoxicated driving. Every car accident in Macon should be thoroughly investigated by an experienced attorney.
Georgia follows the rule of modified comparative negligence (O.C.G.A. § 51-11-7). It is a legal doctrine that holds that more than one party may share liability for the same accident. You can recover compensation if you are partially at fault for an accident in Macon if you are liable for no more than 50 percent of a crash. However, your recovery will be reduced. For example, if you were found 10 percent at fault for a collision in Macon, you would be liable for 10 percent of your damages.
Know the Deadline: Two Year Statute of Limitations
You have limited time to bring a car crash claim in Macon. Under Georgia law (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33), there is a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims. Only narrow exceptions apply. What happens if you wait too long to initiate your claim? You could be denied any compensation at all. Make sure you step ahead of the deadlines: Consult with a top Macon, GA auto accident attorney as soon as possible after a serious crash.
We Help Injured Victims in Macon Secure the Maximum Compensation
Following a motor vehicle crash in Macon, it is imperative that injured victims are able to secure the maximum financial compensation. Georgia law allows auto accident victims to seek economic losses and non-economic losses from the at-fault party. That being said, getting a full and fair settlement is hard. Insurance companies are driven by profits—they put their best interests forward, not yours. Our Macon auto accident lawyers fight hard to help injured victims secure the maximum compensation, including for:
- Automobile repairs or replacement;
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Loss of wages and diminishment of earnings;
- Pain and suffering & mental distress;
- Disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Macon, GA Auto Accident Lawyer Today
Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon car accident attorneys are trial-tested, results-focused advocates for injured victims. Hurt in a motor vehicle crash? Our personal injury team can help. Contact us today for your free consultation. We handle auto accident claims in Macon, Macon-Bibb County, and throughout the surrounding region in Central Georgia.
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Lawrenceville personal injury attorneys are uniquely positioned to help injured victims and their families get justice and the maximum financial compensation after you are injured or a loved one passes away. With many decades of collective experience, we go above and beyond to help our clients get the best outcome. For a free, fully private case review with a top Lawrenceville personal injury lawyer, please contact our legal team today by calling 404-760-7400.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."