Macon Truck Accidents Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Schedule Your Free Consultation With Our Macon Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon truck accident attorneys have the professional skills, comprehensive legal knowledge, and proven experience that injured victims can trust. Since 1997, our firm has provided top-tier legal representation to victims and families. We have what it takes to hold trucking companies and their insurance carriers accountable. Were you or a loved one seriously hurt in a tractor trailer accident in Macon? Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation with a top-rated Georgia semi-truck accident attorney.
Semi-Truck Accidents Can Cause Devastating Injuries
A fully-loaded commercial truck in Macon can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. Given their enormous size, semi-truck accidents are disproportionately likely to result in devastating, catastrophic, and even life-threatening injuries. It is occupants of passenger cars that typically bear the brunt of the accident. Injured victims need comprehensive medical care as soon as possible after a tractor trailer accident.
Why Do Truck Accidents Happen in Georgia?
Commercial truck accidents can happen for a wide range of different reasons. One key commonality that they share is that the vast majority of semi-truck crashes in Georgia could have been avoidable if only all parties had taken the appropriate safety precautions. Here are some notable reasons why tractor trailer accidents happen in Macon:
- Speeding: Speeding is a significant contributor to truck accidents in Georgia. Not only does speeding make crashes more likely, it makes a resulting collision more severe.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is dangerous driving. It is imperative that truckers always pay full attention to the road. Otherwise, serious wrecks can happen.
- Trucker Fatigue: Long hours on the road can lead to trucker fatigue. Exhausted drivers have diminished concentration, slower reaction times, and impaired judgment.
- Under-Trained Drivers: Inadequate training for truck drivers may result in a lack of necessary skills and knowledge to operate large vehicles safely.
- Inadequate Truck Maintenance: Poorly maintained trucks are prone to mechanical failures, such as brake or tire malfunctions, increasing the chance of accidents.
- Poorly Loaded Trailers: Overloaded or unevenly loaded trailers can cause imbalance and instability. An improperly loaded trailer is more likely to crash.
- Manufacturer Defects: Truck and trailer defects can cause sudden mechanical failure. A manufacturer may be held liable for a crash caused by a defect.
An Overview of Commercial Truck Accident Liability in Georgia
While there are federal truck safety regulations in place, most semi-truck accident injury claims are governed by state law. Here are some key points to understand about Georgia truck liability laws:
- At-Fault Standard of Liability: In Georgia, commercial truck accidents are governed by a fault-based standard of liability. The at-fault party—whether trucker, trucking company, or any other party—can be held responsible for causing the accident. Every commercial truck accident must be thoroughly investigated by a top Macon truck accident attorney.
- Modified Comparative Negligence System: Under Georgia’s modified comparative negligence standard (O.C.G.A. § 51-11-7), and still recover compensation even if they are partially at fault for the truck accident in Macon. However, their financial recovery will be reduced proportionally with the degree of fault.
- Two Year Statute of Limitations: Georgia imposes a two year statute of limitations for truck accident claims (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33). You must initiate a truck accident injury claim within two years of the date of the crash. Do not wait to get started with your case: Get help from a top Macon truck accident attorney right away after a serious wreck.
Recovering Compensation for Truck Accident Victims in Macon
Hurt in a semi-truck accident in Macon? Georgia law allows you to seek compensation for economic losses and non-economic damages from the trucking companies, its insurers, and other parties. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we fight tirelessly to help truck accident victims secure the maximum settlement or verdict. You may be able to recover damages for:
- Property loss (automobile repairs);
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Other medical bills, including ongoing care;
- Loss of wages and diminished earning power;
- Pain and suffering & mental anguish;
- Long-term disability and physical impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With a Top Truck Accident Lawyer Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon semi-truck accident attorneys are experienced, results-driven advocates for injured victims. Give us a call now or connect with us online to arrange your free, no commitment case evaluation. We handle semi-truck accident claims in Macon, Macon-Bibb County, and all across the region in Central Georgia.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."