Savannah Car Accident Lawyer
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
We Handle the All Types of Auto Accident Claims in Savannah
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah car accident lawyer is an aggressive advocate for injured victims. Our firm is devoted to holding insurance companies accountable. Car accident victims deserve justice. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash in Chatham County, we are here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation with a top Georgia car accident attorney.
The Steps to Take After a Car Crash in Savannah, Georgia
Emotions often run high in the aftermath of a car crash. It is normal to feel confused and the stress can be overwhelming. Knowing what to do can make a big difference. Here are four essential steps to take after a motor vehicle collision in Savannah:
- Report the Crash to the Authorities: Halt your vehicle and promptly contact the police. Contact the Savannah Police Department or another law enforcement agency.
- Seek Medical Attention: Of course, emergency medical needs take priority. Still, every injury should be evaluated by a doctor. You need to see a doctor to bring a claim.
- Document the Accident: While at the scene, capture photos of damage. Get eyewitness names and contact information as well. Secure as much information as possible.
- Get Legal Help: Insurance representatives may not have your best interests at heart. Consult with a Savannah auto accident lawyer right after a serious crash.
An Overview of Auto Accident Liability in Georgia
Who can be held liable for a crash in Savannah? It depends on the specific situation. The essential thing to know is that Georgia is an at-fault car accident state. The driver—or any other party—who caused the accident can be held responsible for the damages. For example, imagine a crash in Savannah was caused by a distracted driver. That motorist bears legal liability for the collision.
Georgia uses a “modified comparative negligence” rule (O.C.G.A. § 51-11-7). If a victim is found to be partially at fault, their compensation may be reduced proportionally. For instance, if you are 20 percent responsible for the crash, your compensation could be reduced by 20 percent. Every percentage point of fault matters. Your accident should be carefully investigated by a lawyer.
How Long Do I Have to Bring My Car Accident Injury Claim in Savannah?
There is a strict statute of limitations to file a car accident injury lawsuit in Georgia. Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, a claim must be initiated within two years. If a claim is not brought in a timely manner, you may not be able to pursue compensation at all. You do not want to fall behind the defendant or an insurance company. Get help from a Savannah car accident lawyer right away after a crash.
We Help Injured Car Accident Victims in Savannah Maximize their Financial Compensation
Hurt in a motor vehicle collision in Savannah? You have the right to pursue compensation for out-of-pocket monetary losses and non-economic damages. Insurance companies fight hard to settle claims for less—sometimes even denying liability altogether. Our Savannah car accident lawyers are committed to helping victims secure the maximum settlement or trial verdict. You may be able to recover compensatory damages for:
- Property losses, including automobile repairs;
- Ambulance costs and emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and other health care costs;
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative treatment;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Why Rely On the Savannah Car Accident Lawyer at Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King
Navigating the aftermath of a major auto accident is never easy. Insurance companies can make the claims process all the more challenging on victims and their families. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our legal team is committed to putting your best interests first. We are proactive. Among other things, our Savannah motor vehicle accident attorneys are ready to:
- Listen to what you have to say and answer your legal questions;
- Investigate your motor vehicle crash in Savannah—gathering evidence;
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations with the insurer; and
- Take aggressive action to help you and your family secure the maximum recovery.
Contact Our Savannah Auto Accident Attorney for a Free Case Review
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah auto accident lawyers put a high priority on top tier legal representation. Injured in an accident? You need a skilled attorney on your side. Call us now or contact us online for your free, no strings attached consultation. We represent auto accident victims in Savannah. Chatham County, and beyond.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."