Savannah Product Liability Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Set Up a Free Consultation With a Top Savannah Product Liability Lawyer Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah product liability attorneys have the specialized skills, knowledge, and legal expertise to hold big corporations accountable. We are devoted to providing personalized, results-oriented legal representation. If you or your loved one suffered a severe injury due to a dangerous and defective product, we are here to protect your rights. Contact us today for a free case review with a top Savannah product liability lawyer.
We Take On All Types of Product Liability Claims in Savannah, Georgia
Georgia law is clear: Manufacturers and other corporations have a duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe for consumers. If a dangerous and defective product causes injuries to an innocent person, these corporations may be held legally liable through a product liability claim—but doing so can be challenging. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we take on all types of product liability cases in Savannah, Georgia. Our commitment is to the cause of justice and the best interests of our clients. Product liability cases we handle in Savannah, GA include:
- Dangerous and defective medications;
- Defective medical devices;
- Defective vehicles/auto parts;
- Electronic cigarette explosions; and
- Defective toys.
Your Guide to Defective Product Laws in Georgia
Dangerous and defective product cases fall under state law. Under GA Code § 51-1-11, manufacturers and other corporations may bear legal responsibility for harm caused by a defective product. Here is an overview of key points about product liability laws in Georgia:
- A Strict Liability Standard for Defective Products: Unlike most other types of accident and injury claims in Georgia, you do not necessarily have to prove negligence to bring a successful product liability lawsuit. Georgia is a strict liability state for defective product claims. If you can prove a product is defective and that you were harmed because of that defect, the responsible party—most often the manufacturer—may bear strict liability for your injuries.
- Three Main Types of Product Liability Cases: There are three main types of product liability cases in Georgia: 1) Design Defects, 2) Manufacturing Defects, and 3) Failure to Warn. A design defect exists when the inherent design of the product is unsafe to users even with proper manufacturing. A manufacturing defect occurs when a product deviates from its intended design, thereby rendering it unsafe. Finally, failure to warn where proper guidance and/or product safety warnings are not provided.
- Complex Deadlines (Statute of Limitations and Statute of Repose): There are complex deadlines in product liability claims in Georgia. To start, these cases are subject to a two year statute of limitations. A claim must be filed within two years of the date the victim knew or should have known about their injuries. Beyond that, Georgia has a ten year statute of repose. In most cases, a product liability claim in Georgia cannot be filed after ten years of the date of the initial sale of a product.
Recovering the Maximum Financial Support for Injured Victims
A dangerous and defective product can cause severe injuries to an innocent person. It is imperative that injured victims are able to secure every penny of financial compensation that is available under the law so that they can pay their bills and support their families. In Georgia, product liability cases allow for the recovery of both economic losses and non-economic damages. Our Savannah, GA defective product lawyers go above and beyond to help our clients obtain the greatest possible settlement offer or trial verdict. Compensation may be granted for:
- Property damage;
- Emergency room treatment;
- Medical expenses;
- Physical therapy;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earnings;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Savannah Product Liability Attorney Can Help
Product manufacturers, distributors, and retailers must be held accountable for harm caused by product defects. The profits of large corporations should never be allowed to take the priority over consumer safety. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we fight for justice for injured victims. Among other things, our Savannah defective product attorneys are ready to:
- Conduct a free, detailed-driven review and evaluation of your case;
- Investigate the defective product claim—gathering supporting evidence; and
- Develop a personalized strategy driven to help you get the best possible results.
Schedule Your Free Case Review With a Top Savannah Product Liability Lawyer
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah defective product attorneys have what it takes to get results in complex cases. Hurt because of a dangerous product? We are here to help. Call us now or contact us directly online today to set up your free, no obligation consultation. We handle product liability claims in Savannah, Chatham County, and throughout the wider region.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."