Savannah Truck Accident Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Set Up Your Free Case Review With a Top Savannah Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah semi-truck accident attorneys are standing by, ready to help you and your family get justice. Truck accident victims deserve full and fair financial compensation. You do not have to take on the claims process alone. If you or your family member was seriously hurt in a tractor trailer crash in Chatham County, we are here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced Georgia truck accident attorney.
What to Do After a Commercial Truck Accident in Savannah, GA
Hurt in a commercial truck accident in Savannah? It is crucial that you know the right things to do to protect your rights and your interests. Too many people make avoidable errors in the immediate aftermath of large truck accidents. Here are four essential steps:
- Stop Your Car and Report the Crash: Georgia law is clear: All parties to a truck accident must stop and remain at the scene—with a narrow exception for medical emergencies. Exchange information and report your crush to the police.
- Get Immediate Medical Care for Any Injuries: Any injury sustained in a truck accident should be evaluated and treated by a licensed physician. You may hurt far worse than you realize. Only if you see a doctor will you be eligible to bring a personal injury claim.
- Document the Semi-Truck Accident: Make a concerted effort to document the semi-truck accident. Capture photographs of the accident scene, the vehicles involved, and any visible injuries. Beyond that, get the contact details for all parties involved, including witnesses.
- Consult With a Savannah Truck Accident Lawyer: You do not want to rely on trucking companies or their insurance carriers to treat you fairly. Before you give any statement, be sure to consult with an experienced Savannah truck accident attorney.
Understanding Semi-Truck Accident Liability
A serious trucking crash always requires a comprehensive investigation. Georgia is a fault-based state for all types of motor vehicle collisions, including semi-truck accidents. The at-fault party—whether it is the truck driver, the trucking company, or any other party—can be held legally responsible for your damages.
Notably, Georgia’s modified comparative negligence rule allows victims to recover damages even if they are partially at fault, as long as their fault is less than 50 percent. However, a truck accident victim who is deemed partially at fault will have his or her recoverable damages reduced proportionately to their percentage of blame.
Know the Statute of Limitations: Truck Accident Injury Claims in Georgia
You do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a semi-truck accident lawsuit in Georgia. The statute of limitations for truck accident claims is two years. If you fail to initiate your lawsuit within two years of a trucking accident in Chatham County, then you may be denied from bringing a claim at all. Do not miss your opportunity to pursue justice. The best approach is a proactive approach: Consult with a top attorney as soon as possible after a semi-truck accident in Savannah.
We Help Truck Accident Victims in Savannah Maximize their Financial Recovery
How much compensation can you recover in a trucking accident claim in Savannah? Georgia law allows injured victims to pursue compensation for economic and non-economic damages. However, truck companies and insurance companies fight hard to limit payouts. They want to resolve a case for as little as they can—sometimes denying any liability at all. Our Savannah truck accident lawyers pursue the maximum compensation for our clients: You may be entitled to recover for:
- Vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance costs;
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills;
- Other health care expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Georgia Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Taking on a trucking company is never easy. They are represented by large and aggressive insurance companies. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are results-driven personal injury law firm devoted to protecting the rights of the people who need help the most—victims and families. Our team is proactive. Among other things, our Savannah semi-truck accident lawyers are ready to:
- Listen to what you have to say and answer questions about the claims process;
- Investigate the semi-truck crash—gathering the evidence to establish liability;
- Handle legal paperwork and any settlement negotiations with insurance companies; and
- Develop a strategy driven to ensure that you are able to secure the maximum compensation.
Contact Our Savannah, GA Semi-Truck Accident Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah commercial truck accident attorneys work tirelessly to hold big companies accountable. Were you or a family member hurt in a collision with a semi-truck? You need a strong and experienced advocate in your corner. Get in touch with us by phone or contact us online for your free case evaluation. We advocate tirelessly for semi-truck accident victims in Savannah, Chatham County, and throughout the entire region.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."