Macon Wrongful Death Cases Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
We Represent Grieving Families in Wrongful Death Claims in Macon
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon wrongful death attorneys are compassionate advocates for grieving families. The loss of a loved one in a serious accident is devastating. A civil wrongful death case is a path to justice, accountability, and financial compensation. If your family member was killed in a fatal accident in Macon, you need an experienced legal advocate on your side. Contact our Georgia wrongful death attorney today for a free, fully confidential consultation.
We Handle the Full Range of Wrongful Death Claims in Macon, GA
The loss of a loved one in an accident is heartbreaking. For families, putting the pieces back together is never easy. Our law firm is committed to handle all of the civil legal needs of grieving families. With a comprehensive understanding of Georgia’s wrongful death laws, we are prepared to guide you through every step of the legal claims process. Along with other types of wrongful death claims, our Macon, GA attorneys can assist families with:
- Car accidents;
- Semi-truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian collisions;
- Dangerous and defective products;
- Workplace accidents;
- Medical malpractice; and
- Nursing home negligence.
An Overview of Wrongful Death Laws in Georgia
Wrongful death claims are state-based legal cases. If your loved one was killed in an accident in Macon, it is crucial that you have an understanding of the rules and regulations for wrongful death cases under Georgia law. Here are key points to know:
- Liability is Based on Fault: To hold another party legally responsible for a wrongful death, a plaintiff must prove that they were “at fault” for the fatal accident.
- Eligibility to File a Claim: The spouse of the deceased has the primary right to file a wrongful death claim. If there is no spouse, the children can file. In the absence of both, the parents or the executor of the deceased’s estate may file the claim.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
You must bring a wrongful death claim in a timely manner. In Georgia, (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33), the statute of limitations for a wrongful death lawsuit is two years from the date of your loved one’s death. Do not wait too long to bring a claim. Consult with an experienced Macon, GA wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible after a fatal accident.
Compensation that You Can Recover for a Wrongful Death Claim in Georgia
There is nothing that could truly be sufficient to make things right after a fatal accident caused by negligence. At the same time, grieving families need justice, accountability, and the absolute maximum amount of financial compensation. We are committed to helping our clients obtain reliable results in wrongful death claims. Compensation may include:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages cover tangible damages related to the death, including things like out-of-pocket medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and loss of financial support.
- Non-Economic Damages: Wrongful death damages are primarily non-economic in nature. Surviving family members may be able to recover from loss of love, loss of companionship, loss of parental guidance, and loss of consortium.
- Punitive Damages: These are awarded in cases where the wrongful death is a result of particularly reckless or negligent behavior. Punitive damages are designed to punish the grossly negligent behavior of the wrongdoer.
Why Rely On Our Macon Wrongful Death Lawyers
For grieving families, putting the pieces back together after a fatal accident is a difficult process. You do not have to figure everything out on your own. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we provide legal advocacy that victims and families can truly rely on during even the most trying of times. Among other things, our Macon wrongful death lawyers are prepared to:
- Listen to your story and answer legal questions about wrongful death laws in Georgia;
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation of the fatal accident—securing the evidence;
- Handle any legal paperwork, insurance paperwork, and settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a personalized wrongful death claims strategy focused on justice.
Get Help From Our Macon, GA Wrongful Death Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon wrongful death lawyers are experienced, effective trial attorneys. If your immediate family member was killed in an accident caused by negligence, we are here to help. Give us a phone call now or connect with us online for a free, strictly confidential initial appointment. Our firm handles wrongful death claims in Macon, Macon-Bibb County, and throughout all of Central Georgia.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."