Macon Product Liability Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Contact Our Macon Defective Product Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon product liability lawyer has the specialized skills, knowledge, and legal expertise that injured victims can trust. Manufacturers and other corporations have a legal duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe. Were you or a loved one harmed by a dangerous or defective product? We can help. Contact us at our Macon law office today for a free consultation with a top Georgia product liability attorney.
We Handle the Full Range of Defective Product Claims in Macon, GA
Our law firm is on the side of injured victims and their families—not big corporations. We work diligently to ensure our clients get justice, accountability, and financial compensation. With deep experience handling product liability cases, we are qualified to take on the full range of dangerous product claims. We are well-versed in the strategies necessary to confront manufacturers, suppliers, and other parties legally liable. Product liability claims we handle in Macon, GA include:
- Defective motor vehicle and auto parts;
- Defective medical devices;
- Defective pharmaceuticals
- Defective children’s toys; and
- Dangerous and defective household appliances; and
- Defective industrial equipment
An Overview of Product Liability Laws in Georgia
In Georgia, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and other companies have a legal responsibility to ensure that their products are reasonably safe for consumers. These corporations can be held liable for harm caused by defective products. Here are some key things to understand about the product liability claims under Georgia law:
- The Legal Framework: Product liability claims in Georgia can be based on negligence, strict liability, or breach of warranty. Through a strict liability claim, a corporation may be liable for harm caused by a defective product even without a finding of negligence.
- Several Types of Defects: There are several different types of product liability claims in Georgia. A claim may be based on a manufacturing defect, a design defect, or the failure to provide adequate warnings or instructions.
- Beware of Defenses: A number of different defenses may be raised by a defendant in a product liability case. Common defenses include allegations that the claimant used the product in an unforeseen way or failed to heed provided warnings.
How Long Do You Have to File a Product Liability Claim in Georgia?
You must bring a product liability claim in a timely manner. In Georgia, the statute of limitations for a product liability lawsuit is two years from the date of the accident. As only limited exceptions apply, it is imperative that you initiate your dangerous and defect product claim before the deadline expires. Do not fall behind the corporation or its insurance company: Consult with a Macon, GA product liability lawyer as soon as possible.
Recovering Compensation for Defective Products
Through a product liability claim in Georgia, injured victims have the right to pursue financial recovery for economic losses and non-economic damages. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we committed to helping injured victims hold corporations and insurance companies accountable. You may be entitled to recover financial compensation for:
- Property damage;
- Ambulance costs;
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills;
- Other medical costs;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental distress;
- Long-term disability;
- Physical scarring; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Georgia Dangerous and Defective Product Lawyers Can Help
If you, your child, or any other member of your family was injured by a defective product, it is imperative that you understand how to navigate the legal claims process. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are on the side of the people who need help the most—injured victims and their families. Among other things, our Macon defective product attorneys will:
- Hear what you have to say, answer questions, and explain your legal options;
- Investigate the incident—gathering evidence to prove a product was defective;
- Handle any correspondence with companies and their insurance carriers; and
- Develop a comprehensive product liability claims strategy to get the best results.
Speak to Our Macon Product Liability Lawyer Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Macon product liability attorneys are committed to putting the rights and interests of clients first. If you or your loved one was hurt by a dangerous or defective product, we are here to help you hold the manufacturer or other company liable. Contact us right away for your free, no cost case evaluation. From our legal office in Macon, we represent injured victims and their families in product liability claims throughout Georgia.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."