Savannah Medical Malpractice Lawyer
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Get Help From a Top-Rated Savannah Medical Malpractice Lawyer
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah medical malpractice attorneys invest the time, resources, and attention to detail to help victims and families get justice. When you get medical care from a doctor, hospital, or any other health care provider, you have a right to expect high quality care. Unfortunately, medical negligence remains a serious problem. We hold negligent providers accountable. Contact us today for a free, no obligation case review with a top Georgia medical malpractice attorney.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider—an individual, such as a doctor or nurse, or an institution, such as a hospital or specialty practice—deviates from the acceptable standard of care and, as a result, causes harm to the patient. Victims of medical malpractice can pursue legal action. They have a right to seek financial compensation for their damages.
The Most Common Types of Medical Malpractice in Georgia
Medical malpractice takes a wide range of different forms. Here are some of the most common examples of medical malpractice reported in Savannah:
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: Diagnostic errors are one of the most common examples of medical malpractice. Misdiagnosis or a significant delay in diagnosis can cause severe harm to patients. For many conditions, timely care is an absolute must.
- Surgical Errors: Mistakes during surgery—such as operating on the wrong body part or leaving surgical instruments inside a patient—are prevalent types of malpractice. These errors can lead to severe complications or even death.
- Medication Errors: Incorrect prescriptions, dosage mistakes, or administering the wrong medication are frequent occurrences. Such errors can cause adverse reactions, overdoses, or insufficient treatment of the medical condition.
- Anesthesia Errors: Anesthesia is powerful. Any type of error—from the incorrect dosage to the failure to monitor the vitals—can lead to severe injury. A negligent anesthesiologist may be legally liable for patient harm through a medical malpractice claim.
- Birth Injuries: Negligence during childbirth can result in injuries to the mother, the infant, or both. Some of the most notable examples include failure to properly anticipate birth complications, improper use of medical equipment, and unreasonable delay of a c-section.
An Overview of the Elements of a Medical Malpractice Claim
Were you or your loved one a victim of medical malpractice in Savannah or elsewhere in Chatham County? Your legal claim falls under Georgia law. There are four required legal elements that you must prove to bring a successful medical malpractice claim in our state:
- Duty of Care: The foundation of a medical malpractice claim rests on establishing a duty of care. Without a duty of care, there is no viable malpractice claim. In effect, this means proving the existence of a valid doctor-patient relationship.
- Breach of Duty: The second element of a malpractice claim is the most vital. You must demonstrate that the medical provider deviated from the required standard of care. In other words, you must prove that they acted with professional negligence.
- Causation: For a valid claim, there must be a direct link between the breach of duty and the injury sustained. It involves proving that the patient’s harm or injury was a direct consequence of the healthcare professional’s actions or lack thereof.
- Damages: The final element necessitates showing that the patient suffered physical, emotional, or financial harm due to the malpractice. Without damages, there is no viable medical malpractice claim in Savannah.
We Help Malpractice Victims in Savannah Maximize their Compensation
Victims of medical malpractice deserve justice, accountability, and compensation for their damages. Our Savannah, GA medical malpractice lawyers go above and beyond to help victims secure the maximum financial relief. A settlement or verdict may include compensation for:
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills;
- Physical therapy;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental anguish;
- Disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Why Rely On Our Savannah Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are exceptionally complex. You need a lawyer who has a comprehensive understanding of Georgia law. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we have the knowledge and experience to hold negligent medical professionals and medical providers accountable for substandard care. Among other things, our Savannah injury lawyers are ready to:
- Hear your story, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights;
- Investigate the matter—gathering evidence to prove medical malpractice;
- Consult with top-tier medical expert witnesses;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with defendants/insurers; and
- Take aggressive action to help you and your family get justice and full compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation WIth a Savannah, GA Medical Malpractice Attorney
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Savannah medical malpractice lawyers have the specialized expertise that patients and their families can trust. If you or your loved one was harmed by medical negligence, we are here to protect your rights and your interests. Give us a call now or contact us online for your free case review with a top Georgia medical malpractice attorney. Our firm handles medical malpractice claims in Savannah and throughout all of Chatham County.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."