Jonesboro Product Liability Attorney
SERIOUS CASES. SERIOUS TRIAL LAWYERS. SERIOUS RESULTS.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Jonesboro product liability lawyers are devoted to fighting for the rights of victims and families. Our firm is on the side of the people who deserve help the most—not big corporations or their large insurance companies. If you or your loved one was hurt by a dangerous and defective product, we can help. Contact us today for a free, no obligation initial consultation with an experienced Jonesboro product liability attorney.
Our Firm Takes on All Defective Product Cases in Jonesboro, Georgia
Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC is a Georgia-based personal injury law firm that represents victims and families in all types of product liability claims. We proactively and thoroughly investigate cases to ensure that manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and any other corporation that contributed to a dangerous and defective product getting into the hands of consumers is held accountable. A non-exhaustive list of product liability claims that we have experience with in Georgia include:
- Defective medications;
- Dangerous medical devices;
- Defective automobile parts and vehicles;
- Electronic cigarette; and
- Defective toys.
Strict Liability for Defective Products in Georgia
Product liability cases are different from most types of personal injury in Georgia. They are not subject to a negligence standard. Instead, under GA Code § 51-1-11, a corporation can be held strictly liable for harm caused by a defective product. This statute holds that if a product is sold in a condition that is not safe for its intended use, the manufacturer or other responsible can be held strictly liable for any resulting damages. Strict liability means that legal responsibility can be imposed without a finding of negligence. Instead, the injured victims must prove that the product in questions was defective and that the defect caused their injury.
Understanding the Different Types of Product Liability Claims in Jonesboro
There are three different types of product liability claims that may be pursued in Jonesboro, Georgia. You may hold a corporation responsible for a dangerous and defective product on one or more of the following grounds:
- Design Defects: Design defects occur when a product is inherently unsafe due to its design before it is even manufactured. In such cases, the entire line of products may be faulty. The victim generally needs to prove that the company could have used an alternative, safe design.
- Manufacturing Defects: Manufacturing defects arise during the production or assembly of a product. This type of defect typically affects only a specific batch of products—not the entire line. Injured victims will generally need to demonstrate that the product deviated from its intended design and that this deviation caused the injury.
- Failure to Warn: Failure to warn or inadequate labeling refers to the manufacturer’s inability to provide sufficient instructions or warnings about the product’s risks. Liability is established if the claimant can prove that the lack of proper warnings or instructions rendered the product unreasonably unsafe for consumers.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover in a Product Liability Claim in Georgia?
A dangerous or defective product can cause catastrophic injuries, even fatalities. If you or your loved one was harmed by a defective product in Jonesboro, a settlement or trial verdict may include financial relief for both economic and non-economic damages. We work tirelessly to help injured victims secure the absolute maximum recovery. Through a product liability claim in Georgia, an injured victim in Jonesboro may have the right to get monetary relief for:
- Property losses;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Other health care expenses;
- Lost income;
- Diminished ability to earn;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Why Rely On the Product Liability Lawyers at Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King
Product liability cases are challenging. The big corporations spare little expense in building their defense strategy. At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, we are a law firm that is devoted to helping victims and families get true justice. A proactive approach is key in product liability claims in Georgia. Among other things, our Jonesboro defective product attorney is ready to:
- Hear what you have to say and answer your product liability questions;
- Investigate the incident—securing the evidence to prove a product defective;
- Handle legal paperwork and represent you in any settlement discussions; and
- Take aggressive action to ensure that you secure the best possible results.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Jonesboro Defective Product Attorney Today
At Lourie, Chance, Forlines, Carter & King, PC, our Jonesboro defective product lawyers provide solutions-focused representation to injured victims. If you were harmed by a dangerous and defective product, we are here to help. Contact us today for a free case review. Our law firm handles product liability claims in Jonesboro, Clayton County, and all around the surrounding area.
"My family and I turned to Stephen Chance and Lance Lourie to help us through a very bad situation concerning our mother and a nursing home. They helped us with their knowledge and caring attitude...."